WE'VE MOVED! Visit us at our new page.

The Batter Thickens: Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread

I realized the other day that it is the middle of fall, and pumpkin season would be over soon. I haven't baked half-a-season's worth of pumpkin goodies yet. So I got on it ASAP.

Pumpkin bread is always a good choice, and I am a firm believer that peanut butter makes everything better. Had a bad day? Eat some peanut butter. Have some chocolate? Add peanut butter. Have some cookies? Add peanut butter chips. Brownies? Add peanut butter. Bored? Eat some peanut butter.

It's my philosophy in life. I mean, the definition of philosophy is: "a theory or attitude held by a person or organization that acts as a guiding principle for behavior." My theory is that peanut butter makes everything better, and that is the guiding principle for my behavior because I put peanut butter on everything. It's a very easy philosophy- I suggest you incorporate it into your own.

I could teach a college philosophy course entitled "Peanut Butter: The Way of Life" and teach it for a whole semester. And we would eat peanut butter in class every day and discuss the best ways to eat it, and the best kinds, the best brands, and have a riveting debate over crunchy vs. smooth. (Smooth, of course, would win- crunchy is a joke. We would spend a class period covering that in my class.)



My philosophy led me in the right direction with this- adding peanut butter to pumpkin is delicious  Scientifically, there is literally no way it couldn't be amazing. Peanut butter and pumpkin are two of the greatest flavors ever. And so is chocolate. Now I may only be in Geometry, but I'm pretty sure that awesome + awesome = even more awesome. Just like two numbers add up to be greater.

You can't deny that this bread is amazing then. It's a fact that it's delicious. You can't dispute a fact.


There is a lot of moisture in this cake. Both peanut butter and pumpkin, so if you do only the suggested baking time, it'll have that gooey-caved-in middle part. I, personally, love that part. But you don't want the whole loaf to be like that, so I suggest going a little bit over to decrease the amount of the gooey. (Unless you don't want to, then go for it.) And if you don't like that gooey part, go even more over.


So this loaf is good, I have established that. But what makes it even better? Spreading stuff on it. Like peanut butter. Or pumpkin cream cheese. It adds more moisture (which depending on your preference you may want), and depending what you choose makes one flavor more prominent. Because in the bread the flavors kind of mush together into one flavor, and if you want one flavor to be the main flavor and have the other compliment it, I suggest spreading.


But having the mushed-together flavor is lovely too.

Trust me.

I ate like half this loaf. #confession


Hopefully you are not one of those people who thinks that pumpkin season ends after October. Because it keeps going. Well into November. It ends when Christmas cookie season begins. So, a toast, I believe, is in order: let this be the first (or third, technically) of many pumpkin posts this season. Cheers. *clink*
-Audrey

                                                      Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread
From: Crazy For Crust

Ingredients:
1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
3/4 cup pumpkin puree, from the can
2 eggs
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips, divided

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk greek yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, and peanut butter in a large bowl until no lumps remain.
3. Stir in sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Stir in flour.
4. Stir about 3/4 cup chocolate chips into batter.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean at the edge of the bread. The bread may fall in the middle slightly, that’s okay.







No comments:

Post a Comment